Behold the splendor of Denali and the great Alaska Range from a spectacular vantage point on the Susitna River in our technically advanced jet boat! The folklore, artifacts and a panoramic views combine to make this unique 20-mile Alaska river adventure unforgettable.
Adult (13 and older) – $75
Child (2 – 12 years) – $57
Infant (under 2) – Free
- May 15 through Sep. 20 (the 6:30 tour ends Sep. 10)
- Daily at 8:45 a.m., 12 p.m., 2:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
- Additional Information:
Travel Distance: 20 miles
Check in time: 30 minutes before departure
Please dress warmly and wear comfortable walking shoes for the nature walk. Be sure to bring your camera to capture this amazing experience.
Prices are subject to change and a fuel charge may be added.
Your 2-hour trip begins aboard the fifty-two passenger “Talkeetna Queen” or one of her 15 or 20 passenger little sister boats, as it whisks you into the heart of the wilderness in comfort. These are the most technologically advanced jet boats in Alaska designed to safely navigate rivers that were previously inaccessible.
As you travel twenty miles of river your naturalist will talk about the history and rivers in the area, as well as information about Denali. You may have opportunities to view bald eagles that nest in the local area.
Upon arriving at our Adventure site you will take a ¼-mile leisurely nature walk to a Dena’ina Indian Encampment, who were the earliest native settlers in the area.
You will also visit an authentic trapper’s cabin with its original furnishings and view how trappers lived in “Bush” Alaska at the turn of the century. Your experienced guide will display furs from the local area and demonstrate trapping methods.
Naturalists will also acquaint you with the wildflowers and plants that grow in abundance along the river system and you will learn about the edible plants that were used by the Native Indians for cooking and medicines and some that are still eaten today.
Do you have a large group, want a private tour or are a travel agent? See how you can customize this tour.
You May Also Like
- Private Tours AvailableWe can offer private boats for any of the tours. Please give us a call or email us for more information. […]
- Talkeetna Canyon TourThe Talkeetna Canyon Tour is a scenic ride up the Talkeetna River. […]
- River, Rail & TrailThis tour incorporates a train ride, a visit to Curry, a ride on a jet boat and the 1/4 mile nature walk at our adventure site. […]
- Wilderness Excursion2 hours – Behold the splendor of Denali and the great Alaska Range from a spectacular vantage point on the Susitna River in our technically advanced jet boat! […]
- Devil’s Canyon Adventure5-hours. Experience the unforgettable beauty of this vast and remote wilderness on this 5-hour river adventure. […]