Customers will receive 90% refund with 48 hours or more notice of cancellation–10% will be held for processing fees. There is no refund if cancellation is less than 48 hours. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price. Please plan on being at our office 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
What to Bring
- Warm clothing. Temperatures on the river change rapidly. For your comfort we suggest that you dress in layers: a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, jacket and stocking cap.
- Sunglasses. The sun reflecting off the water can be very intense. You may also want sunscreen.
- Camera and binoculars. You may see wildlife on our tours.
- Rain coat.
- Will I see the mountain? Denali and the whole Alaska Range are visible from the river, but it is dependent on the weather.
- Do you go in the rain? Yes, our boats are covered and we provide umbrellas at the site for the trail walk.
- Is there a bathroom on board? There are bathrooms on the 50+ passenger boats but not o the 15 or 20 passenger ones; however there are porta potties available at the adventure site and at the dock.
- Will I see wildlife? We cannot guarantee wildlife but there are always opportunities while on the river.
- Do you provide transportation from McKinley Princess? No, Princess has shuttles that run between the lodge and town and drop off in our parking lot. They are located about a 1 hour drive away from Talkeetna.
Service animals are dogs and miniature horses trained to perform tasks for the benefit of individuals with physical or mental disabilities –such as guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, altering and protecting people prone to seizures, or other tasks directly related to a disability.
Pets and other animals whose sole function is to provide comfort, companionship or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the Americans with Disabilities Act or state law, and they are not allowed on our boats.