The Talkeetna Canyon Tour is a scenic ride up the Talkeetna River. You head about 25 miles up through a beautiful rock wall canyon with a little excitement of getting into some class 3/4 rapids. There is a small stream once you make it though that we will stop at and have a chance to stretch your legs and possibly see some fish in the clear tributary.
- 3.5 hours, 50 miles round trip
Adult (13 and older) – $165
Child (2 – 12 years) – $124
Infant (under 2) – Not Recommended on this Trip
- 3:30 pm
- Additional Information:
This tour is 3 ½ hours long, and 25 (50) miles round trip, on the Talkeetna River. There is no restroom on the boat, but an outhouse is available at the Nature Walk site. Minimum needed to run.
A box lunch is included on this trip. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
Looking for an adventure that combines beauty and a unique experience—the Talkeetna Canyon tour is for you. This tour takes you into some of the most beautiful waters in Alaska, aboard a Twin Bentz boat, built specifically to handle our rivers, that can be as shallow as 1 foot at times. The various low water levels, the whitewater and the meandering nature of this river is what makes it so unique of an adventure. You will be in Class III and IV waters, winding along the Talkeetna River, with Alaskan beauty and nature all around. Your adventure will be navigated by a Coast Guard Licensed Captain, who will teach you about the history of the area, as well as current day information about fish and wildlife in the area. Along the way, you will take a nature walk, on a groomed trail, visiting a Dena‘ina Indian Encampment (the Indigenous settlers of the area) as well as an authentic Trappers Cabin (the earliest Colonial settlers in the area).
Do you have a large group, want a private tour or are a travel agent? See how you can customize this tour.
You May Also Like
- Private Tours AvailableWe can offer private boats for any of the tours. Please give us a call or email us for more information. […]
- Talkeetna Canyon TourThe Talkeetna Canyon Tour is a scenic ride up the Talkeetna River. […]
- River, Rail & TrailThis tour incorporates a train ride, a visit to Curry, a ride on a jet boat and the 1/4 mile nature walk at our adventure site. […]
- Wilderness Excursion2 hours – Behold the splendor of Denali and the great Alaska Range from a spectacular vantage point on the Susitna River in our technically advanced jet boat! […]
- Devil’s Canyon Adventure5-hours. Experience the unforgettable beauty of this vast and remote wilderness on this 5-hour river adventure. […]